13/12/1953 — 26/12/2014
- Roar Boar
- The Rift
- The Fukarwe
Dave Walsh RIP
The Poem from Dave's Memorial Service
- Life is an uncertain journey
- Never knowing what’s around the next bend
- Never realising what difference one second can make
- Nor knowing who will be your next friend
- Life has it’s ups and downs
- Life can humble you when you’re riding high
- Sometimes you know pure happiness
- Other times you want to do nothing but cry
- I think the purest thing life offers
- Is the love of family and friends
- Not the ones who are there in fair weather
- But the ones there through thick and thin
- When a friend like this leaves your life
- Your memories keep them alive
- You carry them in your heart everyday
- Allowing their spirit to survive
- So know when we hear a Bass Guitar
- Or think of that laugh of yours
- We'll grin and think of a friend who left here
- To walk across Heavens floors
- We'll think of you often throughout our life
- Until our time reaches the end
- So keep an eye out for our arrival one day
- So we can reminisce of old times our dear friend.
I'd like to share a few little fond memories I have of Uncle Dave. He would always draw moustaches and other things on our posters and magazines when we were teenagers... I would always know if he had visited while I was at school because he would leave me an insulting caricature of myself which I would then try to top by leaving an even worse one for him.
When we first got an answering machine in the early 90's I remember the first message we got was Uncle Dave who said, "Well. How fuckin POSH." and promptly hung up.
I remember when he rescued a dog from neglect and adopted it as his own. He was a protector by nature. I'll never forget how he sorted out a stalking ex-boyfriend of mine with little more than a glare and a few choice words.
He could play any song you named, he only had to hear it once. And he could fix anything.
If anyone would like to add a tribute, share a story or memory of Dave
on this page please send it in an email to: